DIDW Centrifugal Fans (Double Inlet Double Width Fans)
Double Inlet Double Width Fans give the same pressure rise but double the flow of a single inlet single width fan. They are double the width of a conventional fan, they are essentially 2 fan sets back to back with the adjoining case wall removed. This has the advantage of a smaller overall footprint and only one motor is required.
The performance is quite simple: a DIDW Fan gives the same pressure rise but double the flow of a single inlet single width (SISW) fan.
DIDW fans are conventionally used in heating and ventilation however Halifax Fan uses the DIDW’s generic design; couple it with our build quality and offer heavy duty industrial versions. These can be used in many applications where a large volume of air is required against a low to medium pressure.
DIDW CENTRIFUGAL FAN VARIANTS AVAILABLE:
(This is fairly open ended as Halifax Fan design and build to order with customer consultation)
- Carbon/Stainless steels construction
- Clean air or moderate dust/ash allowable where design allows
- Backward curved or straight impeller blades
- Temperatures in excess of 100°C where design allows
- Direct drive or belt drive.
- Various handlings/orientations
- Open inlets or inlet boxes
- Damper or VSD controllable
DIDW CENTRIFUGAL FAN KEY PRODUCT BENEFITS:
- High efficiency
- Lower noise
- Smaller foot-print than 2 stand-alone fans
- Only one motor required